Tuesday 13 October 2020

What is Mental health?

 Mental health is a cognitive, behavioral, and emotional well-being, which affects how people, think, feel, and behave. Mental health is known as a Mental health disorder. 

Mental health can affect everyday lives such as relationships, physical health, etc. 

We can feel negative with or without a reason but doesn't necessarily in everyone for eg; sadness in Depression and anger in Anxiety.

How can we support people?

When we support people, it can message different things but not necessarily doing things for them, doing things with them or enougring and advising them to do things. There are times they need to help themselves for you to help them. One of the main causes of mental health is not anything going on in one's life. In Mental health, you are more of an adviser than say a support worker. As a support worker, you may help and teach a person with disabilities to make their bed for example. In mental health you may advise, well encourage a person to do something they enjoy or and get counseling or and emotional support. Could be hobbies, interests, careers, etc.

 Negatively is hard for everyone, not all the time naturally but it's like to be more so than other people. People's mental health problems can feel negative on and off a lot whether or they have a reason to be. 

When it comes to facing emotional situations such as a relationship break or the death of someone we know it is a huge loss to us all. We do not accept, we do not get over it but we learn to live with it. Even though with relationship break-ups we make well move on and meet other people. Death is always in our minds because that person is never coming back. What is different we cope with it in different ways, that don't get me wrong that don't make it less hard for those who don't face mental health. However' people with Mental health problems are most likely to learn to live with what happens. Although I will admit probley most things that most people face in life to people who didn't face mental health to face mental health. 

I, for example, was in a Mental abuse relationship with disabilities and mental health problems. For 13 and health years and I didn't realize I was. I was even still in his life for a number of yrs after we slipt for good. I took him back twice after he cheated once then he did again, despite that I loved him well thought I did and I can't stand him now. I had loads of on and off counseling for years even when I stopped seeing him altogether. One of the last counselors I saw, which was 2 years after I left him, I said to her it's been 2 years since I left him and I still have his name in my head. She said the reason why for what you have told me in the sessions, Sara you have been facing Mental abuse. Even then it took at five years at the most till I felt I moved on that I was my normal self again. 

Mental can be on its own or with other disabilities and other problems. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/154543#risk-factors

Here are my examples of  Mental problems, what yours? 

Anxiety, Depression, Mood disorder, Schizophrenia, and Bipolar. 


No comments: