Saturday 17 October 2020

The way I think of Autism part 2

 High functioning Autism classed as a mild form of Autism.  Asperous syndrome and Autistic disorder are mild forms of Autism. Some researchers say that that they don't use the name Autistic disorder anymore and yet in some searches they still seem to use the name, this is what I mean in my mind I feel it is all confusing. Not everyone is going to agree with but this is where I think for example they should say what is the mild, moderation, and severe is.  However, what we do understand is that every form is under the Autism Spectrum I am sure we can live with that. The rest to me seems to make no sense because the signs seem to be pretty much the same just that some people face it worse than others as to why I agree with it being a mild, moderation severe forms. 

I have just found out of one name that Autistic disorder is the old name to Autism Spectrum, which I thought was an Autism form how wrong was I? https://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/autism-spectrum-disorders

High functioning is when they can speak, read and write without the support but it could mean they may need support in some areas, some may have problems, remembering what they read, etc so this can vary from person to person. The support level can be small in areas but not in others but this may depend on other problems they may or not have, which could be not will be for example Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, etc. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/autism/other-conditions/

https://www.autismspeaks.org/medical-conditions-associated-autism

https://www.surreylocaloffer.org.uk/kb5/surrey/localoffer/advice.page?id=Wk9DIhZWU_Q

https://www.autism.org/related-disorders/

https://psychcentral.com/autism/conditions-associated-with-autism/

https://www.appliedbehavioranalysisedu.org/what-are-the-health-problems-that-co-occur-with-autism/


  This could work the same with study, work, home, life, and socializing where levels of independence and support can vary to each area of life For example me:  I am not safe changing light bulbs, I can take the bed lining off my bed cannot make it. Cannot cut my own nails and I struggle to shop although I shop. A lot of my difficulties are due to my dyspraxia. I have high support needs for my study because of Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, and ADHD, the amount of support will depend on the type of study and level of qualification, etc.

 Although I haven't been diagnosed because of where I lived in the UK, the time period I was born late 1969, etc. There wasn't service, awareness, etc for my Mother and family even though they knew something was wrong with me but no one knew what other than I was having seizures from birth till I was 12.  I think possibly I have Aspreerous syndrome because there are limits to what I can do and what I cannot do. It has only been that my Mum and family have watched films and read books about Autism as the years went by that made them think of you. Although I have always had mild Autism, I used to have very severe meltdowns as a child and couldn't learn easily in school. Always had very high support needs and Dyspraxia, which was something else I didn't know I had got to start with.

https://www.healthline.com/health/high-functioning-autism#treatment

http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/wcfh/Pages/autism/spectrum.aspx

https://www.mencap.org.uk/learning-disability-explained/conditions-linked-learning-disability/autism-and-aspergers-syndrome

Sorry to confuse you, I have just looked at one site that gives us slightly different research but this may be just roughy to except as a whole of people who face Autism. Like I said these functions may probably go up and down through a person's life because some people may overcome things the older they get, which is what I have found with myself.

On the whole people with Asperger Syndrome are fully independent, they may need a little support with some things. On the whole, compared to people to mildly Austic, which is what I maybe. They pretty can behold down the study, work, home, friends, and relationships but yes they do have social difficulties.

Those Mildly Autistic tend to be mild to moderation because they are quite independent in some basic skills but other skills may need different levels of support. In some areas, they have quite high support needs, which make them mild and moderation functioning, which is what I think I may face. Like I said at the start of this post, I cannot make my bed, change light bulbs, yet as long as I have the right tools to cook like a microwave,  air fryer, and hob I am quite safe to cook, which means I can make hot drinks but I struggle to shop although I do my best with very little or no support.  I can wash, dress, shower, clean teeth fine but I cannot cut my own nails. Pretty much those skills I have just said I struggled more so in childhood, teenage yrs, and early adulthood more so then than now. Mind you I do have Dyspraxia so I tend to wear tracksuit bottoms, t-shirts mostly, rarely I wear zipped trousers and I haven't really worn shirts for years. Studying and working can vary depending on what I am doing, what level and type of qualification etc to no support, little or high support. 

Again, like all forms of Autism people on the whole struggle to communicate and socialize but some do more than others, I guess depending on how mild, how moderation, and how severe people are.



No comments: