Sunday 11 October 2020

High and low functioning Autism part one

 What you may and may not be aware of is that Autism can be very misunderstood. What you read in each research depends on who's writing it, no one is right or wrong,. However' those of us who face it are the ones who are feeling it but we can only go by our own experience. Those of us who face it though face it some many different ways because there are so many different forms but then maybe not to how confusing the researches are done in most references.  

Not easy for us to think before do and or and say things, in some areas of life we have unawareness of the world around us. 

During the lockdown we are facing now in 2020, I have spent my time researching, watch youtube, etc about Autism. Someone Han Asperger said that in his mind that Autism is the meaning of self. I do and do not agree and disagree. Don't get me wrong when I say this we are all human whether we have Autism or not and we all have good and bad in us. 

As crazy as this may sound, we may be unaware of how somethings may sound and seem to others but not all the time, we do not except everything to do with our Autism. If we do become aware and learn to understand, we are sorry.

Hopefully, I have not made myself misunderstood but for people with Autism, the world happens to be unthinkable. More to the point, we are thoughtless, not selfish. This brings us to social interaction, social imagination, tone of voice, facial expressions, verbal and non-verbal communication, which can happen from us to people and people to us. Therefore, it can be easy for you to misunderstand us as much as us to misunderstand you, which can bring feelings and emotions on both sides. 


Examples of high functioning. 

High - functioning and Asperger Syndrome are sometimes faced by interchangeably. The difference between the two is thought to be language development:  people who face Asperger Syndrome will not face language development when younger. 

The semantic-pragmatic disorder affects the use of language in social contexts, sometimes part of the  Autism spectrum.


Finding it hard to communicate socially. which could be verbally and non-verbal causing misunderstanding on both parts between people with Autism and other people. 

Understanding and misunderstanding on both parts whether or not something someone says is a joke or not. 

Some people with Autism may have little speech or no speech at all, which think mostly that tends to be low functioning rather high mostly.

They may have little understanding of language if with any language.

They may use sign language or visual symbols.

Others may have good lauanage skills, which could be high functioning. 

Some may find it hard to repeat to others and understand what others say, talking about at the length of how long they can talk about their interests.

Emotionally sensitivity.  A way a person reacts to emotional situations for example relationship breakups, deaths of people they know. We are all human whether we have autism or other problems or not. We do not get over whatever it may be, we do not accept it but we learn to live with it. Just that some of us may learn to live within a longer time than others. Not saying it is just people with Autism or and other problems take longer all the time but it is pretty much mostly the case.  As far a how long it takes for people with Autism or and other problems to learn to live with whatever negative situations they may be facing would depend on the situation and I guess the people they have faced those situations with.

 Take relationships for example; pretty much most of my exes it did not take too long to move on from part from one as I was with him for thirteen a half years on and off and I never knew until one of my counselors told me I had faced Mental abuse from him, which I guess that would affect people without Autism or other problems for a long time as well. Maybe I am wrong but many who have faced the same I guess won't disagree. I faced counseling on and off for years but it also encouraged me to write poetry in order to learn to live with the situation. 

We understand like it or not these things happen sometimes in everyone's lives, nothing we can do about, we can't avoid. Death is something really we do not move on from but relationships that have been and gone theirs a fair chance because we meet new people but some things take longer to pass than others as a whole. How we deal with these things is the question. No one is saying it is any easier for people who don't face Autism or and other problems but such problems as Autism, Mental health, etc. Anxiety and Depression link in a lot to Autism, which can cause sensitivity to whether or not a person is facing emotional issues. A feeling of sadness and or anger at any time.

 Anxiety is a sense of fear, panic, etc, which you can face with or without Autism, same with depression but that's feeling, low, sad, or without a reason in most people's cases. Anxiety is mainly major in Autism because people Autism worries for example how they are going to get along with others, upsetting others without meaning to; anything happening we are not informed about but as crazy as it sounds we know what's not possible on most things, just the sudden thing happening to take us by shock or surprise. For example; my sensory problem is mostly to do with a sound like walking down the road and suddenly a dog barks I jump and it's something that I haven't to avoid no matter how hard I try not to jump. No one can inform me that is going to happen but that doesn't make me hate dogs, just the sudden bark, and my reaction is part of my condition. I love dogs and my family has them and I find if they live with or someone I know has a dog etc. It does not dislike stranger's dogs, it's passing a house, etc and a sudden bark, which dog does not have to not bark cause of me, don't get me wrong. It's just not an easy one to explain that's all.



Examples: of fixation on particular subject or and ideas.  This is where someone can sing the same song say or say the same thing nonstop and may not be aware of how often they are doing this, which I understand can bore people but the person does not want to intentionally bore people etc, again mostly it is  an unawareness and misunderstanding of what they are saying or and doing but it is not always the case. It just may take some people a long time to realize it is starting to get to people than when they are aware and understand they will stop. 


How long or short this take may depend on the form of Autism they have etc, but I will not diene some people are aware and do understand more so than others and they could stop sooner.

I do agree even though I face Autism myself, that there’s probley so fustigating than say if there’s good many of you sitting by the table, there is someone talking over your chat so much no one else is getting to say what they want to say.

This may be because when they were younger, they struggled to learn at school to a point they had nothing to show for themselves, and maybe now suddenly they. Due to poor learning ability in the past, they may not have hobbies, interests,s, etc as children, etc.

I have to admit sorry this is an example of my experience and hopefully, now, it is happening 


lessor and now at all compared to what it used to. However,’ this may not be the case in everyone. 

Linguistic oddities: is an example of low functioning, which is the end of the Autism Spectrum when learning to speak, building up vocabulary, and trying to hold a chat between others. People with the high end of the spectrum start talking normal but they often display an impressive vocabulary.

 

They might find people’s chats to follow, even fear being pushed out, meaning it is likely to be taking over the chat, but they may or may not be aware that that is the reason. I guess this may depend on the people around them and what they are talking about. Also, another thing is with people with Autism and I think I may have done it myself without meaning to. That is getting lost in the chat and been aware of what people are talking about. For eg, say the weather, and people may be talking about saying art. Then there is a lack of communication and understanding?

 For eg, they say. What is that to do with art. With some things I guess depending on the type of Autism etc, some people do overcome things or they don’t make certain mistakes, etc as much as they used to but that is hard to know if you do not know the person.

Also, some people may have hearing issues where they may catch some things people say but not others. Most people face sensory issues in different ways, mine tends to be mostly sound where I catch some things that are said to me and not others. This can get more hard for not only the person with Autism but the people in the chat mainly if there's a lot of people in one, mainly places like pubs, etc where there's a lot of people. 


Social difficulties.

Most Autistic people tend to have difficultly had problems with interacting with our peers. Those with high – functioning, which could be mostly children and teenagers with Autism can only cope in a limited circle of people.

From my experience from when I was saying in my mid-teens to my early twenties. I was rarely before I was saying twenty – two out with other young people. When slowly I went to pubs etc without the family. I found it hard for a number of years in a sense if there were too many people in one place, mainly if I did not know them, I would stand in a condor or sit on a table on my own. I guess I appeared to others as quiet and shy but as I got older started to chat with people even if I did not know them and in time, I got to know them. However,’ I was always very easily used even though I did not realize or like to think so at the time not saying I am not now but less so now. 


Many people with Autism have sensory problems with sound, smell, feel touch taste, sense, etc, which can make them feel intolerable.   This can vary each person faces it differently which could be one sense, a few, or even all senses.  Most people with Autism can be emotionally distressed by the sensory problems they face, which can likely to bring on their Anxiety and even Depression. https://www.appliedbehavioranalysisprograms.com/lists/5-symptoms-of-high-functioning-autism/

 


No comments: