Monday 12 October 2020

Basics of learning disabilities, Mental health other problems for Students at the University Of Woverhampton 2020

 Hello everyone, My name is Sara Jane Gorman, Visting Lecturer on Learning disability and Mental from the first-hand experience, which means I face disabilities, mental health and other problems/  everyone hopes you enjoy the course but sorry this won't be easy due to the lockdown. As it happens in or out of lockdown I only teach very less than part-time anyway so no time limits etc. Due to the lockdown, I may be wrong but your study references may be limited and I also understand if you are just working from your mobile phones it won't be easy. If you are needing any links etc on what I teach as well as this website free to let know to get in touch with me to let me know and I try and look for some small sites for you. There is no time limit to learn what I teach. Here are some basics to start you off and help you with the rest of the course for the three years to come.



What is a Learning Disability? 

Learning disabilities: Our definition

A learning disability is a reduced intellectual ability and difficulty with everyday activities – for example, household tasks, socializing or managing money – which affects someone for their whole life.

People with a learning disability tend to take longer to learn and may need support to develop new skills, understand complicated information and interact with other people. 


Type of disabilities.


Here are my examples, what are yours?

Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, ADHD, Autism.

Mental health Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar.


Causes. Here are my examples, what are yours?

Before, during, after birth.

Mother unwell

Neglect at birth

A fall 


Support people's needs. Again there are my examples what's yours? 


Personal care

Household skills

Cooking

Shopping

Feeding

Dressing

Accessible information

Easy read

Disabled Access

Diversity


People with disabilities, mental health, and other problems face positives as well as negatives, what are they? https://www.mencap.org.uk/?gclid=CL3C3M6o-qsCFcRO4QodcRHSlQ


Please feel free to join my disability group on Facebook For DISABILITIES & ALL PROBLEMS AND AWARENESS EVERYDAY those who may wish to.  







No comments: