Sunday 18 October 2020

The way I think about Autism. Part 3

 Here I am talking about Moderation Autism which is classed to the researchers as Moderation functioning Autism Level 2, which they see it as mild to moderation whereas I see it as mild to moderation and moderation to severe, which I have to be honest I may face myself. However' I may have overcome some things, at least I hope I have now in my fifties lol. Maybe it's me but I find the moderation signs of Autism more confusing because they are between the other 2 forms which are Level 1 high function mild Autism and Level 2 Severe Autism.

This brings on Stereotyped behaviours and Autism. As small children, they may line up their toys a lot. Play their own Imagictive games, might not be the case in others but in my case, it was because I felt I guess could say embarrassed because games with children I didn't understand so I made my own up, I didn't understand rules etc. In my mind back then I didn't want to fall out with children and I didn't want them to think I was stupid etc because I though different to them. Not necessary because I thought I was right and they were wrong but been on my own I wasn't in danger of upsetting anyone, I felt safer that way. However' that sounds rather crazy now then makes sense to how autistic I was at the time even though when your a young small child you are not really aware of what and even who you are. I was a baby and small child back in the 70s, there was handy any information, etc back then. My Mum and family were sure puzzled what was wrong but please to say now there's a lot more awareness but we still have a long way to go.


The child could be spinning around for a long time, opening-closing drawers or and doors, flapping, head banging, behaviour problems can be severe, anxiety, meltdowns etc. 

Danger zones, they may be slow at learning their way when being outside such as getting lost, losing a sense of direction, struggling to crossroads, etc. This could go on through children but even once they have learned their way around one place, they could take a while or a long time to learn another. Travel training could take a while and with roads, they may only manage such roads with traffic, lights, zebra crossings, etc. Through adult life, only their home area they may know without facing problems. Places too further afield may take some learning for them with transport getting to college, work, etc. 


They may struggle to learn in school but if the right teaching support is there, they may get through some school educate if not all. In my case, I had to catch up in college because there was no one to one support when I was in school. 

Some may pick, bite their nails because they may be anxious, nervous, etc.

Some may pace up and down when feeling anxious etc.

Some may clean a lot.

Some may say, do, watch, etc the same things again and again for a long time.

Many may get upset and anxious if been taken away from the route, things change, which they will get used to it but it's a case of when then history is likely to repeat itself if and it changes again, etc.

These signs are only examples; again this can vary from person to person so except anything off anyone. 

No one believes in violence and that is not what I suggest either. Autism is a wide spectrum and it does cause a lot of misunderstandings and behaviors to make these people into someone they are not. However' it is understandable to other's way thinking the way we may seem, appear, what we may sound, etc. There needs to be an understanding and awareness on both sides. We are all human, we all have good and bad in us and those of us who face disabilities, etc not everything is down to that, what down to disabilities, etc are the signs, etc in them.

However' we all need to learn right from wrong, there must be ways of teaching that without damaging a human being but then the government says not. However' there's no harm in teaching manners etc because that's what we used to learn years ago and it didn't do us any harm to learn them. https://www.verywellhealth.com/repetitive-behaviors-in-autism-260582



No comments: