Wednesday 31 March 2021

Autism, meltdowns and mental health 1

 First of all what causes people with Autism to behave and react as we do? First of nothing makes us any special to other people and a lot of people tend to think we want to be the center of attention and the most important people in the world, no that is not the case. We are as human as you, what we are, and who we are as people just that having Autism causes us to react to life as we do but not everything about us is down to Autism as the people we are. However' then yes we are special but not in the way you may think of ourselves as only we matter. Special because Autism Spectrum is a Special needs condition. 

The main cause of how we react to life is sensitivity, this could mean a fair few things I said in some past posts, change, route, communicating with others, trying to make ourselves understood, what's surrounded around us, anything unexcepted to us, etc. 

 Those sorts of things can increase our anxiety, meltdown, even depression, but not necessarily all. Many people seem to think meltdown and anxiety are two different things but they can be one or the other both meaning the different meaning depending on what sort of situation is affecting the person. For example; upset because they want their teddy bear. Okay, Most children with Autism react that way but some children may move on through that stage of their lives sooner than others but there's nothing to say whether or not the child has Autism. So okay, what is my point, you must be thinking? 

The exestream of upset and the way the child express themselves. Mother told me for example I used to take the clock to bed from when I was 2 till I was at least 8, the streams were like hell to play if I was in bed without the clock. She said it was quite a struggle to encourage me to grow out of it but I got there, how embarrassing though. I think I only very briefly remember that part of my life to be honest. 

Most might see people with Autism as selfish and spoiled but really we seem to at all different stages of our lives at least when I speak for myself for any length of time getting to the same things then at some point getting out of it and into something else.




No comments: