Saturday 27 March 2021

Living with Epliepy 1

 When facing Epliespy or and having faced Epilepsy, situations, needs, etc should be considered the same at least in my opinion not sure whether or not others agree, maybe some of you will and others won't. This is because if seizures stop after so many years no one knows if they going to come back and how or short they come back for if they do. These peoples' rights, safety and etc need to be considered whether the epilepsy is ongoing in people's lives, on and off once people in their lives know these people are facing seizures or have done in the past cause the unknown is unknown. 

Most people have said to me over the years but I guess others may see it the opposite, once facing seizures even if they have stopped you are still considered as having Epilepsy whether they come back or not. I have been seizure-free for just under 10 years now when I was 43 2013 to 2014 and I am now 51. According to my internet research to my understanding, no one knows what seizures can come and go for years, if and when they return, etc, which is sounding as if we living in the unknown. 

For this post, I have been researching careers and epilepsy, I have as face jobs are concerned here are some suggestions the internet has come up with Animal trainers, mental health counselors, fine artists, library work,  conservation scientists, or personal financial advisers. https://study.com/articles/careers_for_people_with_epilepsy.html

These are jobs for those who want to support and care etc for people with Epilepsy, even disability, mental health, etc.  https://uk.indeed.com/People-With-Epilepsy-jobs

Study and work.

For me and many others my sort of age, slightly older or younger society wasn't very educated on understanding disabilities, mental health, epilepsy, or other problems that could affect people's lives. Therefore you either got by or you didn't, support, etc was very little or not at all if you couldn't understand the world around you straight away. 

As a small child, I was on pheabarotone tablets where people in my life didn't know that was responsible for affecting my life such as learning and knowing my way about, etc.

 Even when I was in my last childhood years and the early teens I still needed to be supported by someone, I couldn't out alone without being at risk of been knocked over by a car, getting lost, etc and I was in my own little world. Therefore I learned nothing in school. My seizures stopped at 12 and I was taken off the medication at 13. 

After a number of years I was waking up to the world, starting to learn but when I left school at 16 I had nothing to show for myself and had no idea what to do. 

I started off in Wales a living riding stables looking after ponies and another animal started to catch up with my studies, which were only, math, English, and stable management. Archived my first certificate grade 1 in stable management which I was over the moon about and did a number more in the next 5 yrs, then I left in 1991 at 21. 

I was on YTS from when I was 19, then it changes to YT when I was 21, I helped out in old people's homes till I was 23, then went back to my birth home Wolverhampton, did a number of English qualifications, work experience Compton hospice, Beacon For The Blind, The Maltans, the library, etc which was helping out in a charity shop, basic office working, filing and folding leaflets, making restants hot drinks. 

By the time I was in my mid to late 30s, I started work for Mencap as a learning disability and mental health awareness trainer plus Advocacy worker, which most of that carried on at One Voice and the Univesity Of Wolverhampton. 


No comments: