Sunday 16 August 2020

Safety gudielines to our disability group

 As you know this is a Facebook group, not a business or company therefore unless I provide these guidelines there is no safeguarding which is why I am writing these guidelines so you can do anything on the group and know there is going to be myself and my team to do things about it if you do face problems.

Just to let you know that I am updating, editing adding more things on and giving disability, all problems and mental health support a slight change of name and closing 2 of my other disability groups, which us one big group everything mean all topics, people with disabilities and all problems and those who are in their lives supporting them one way or the other. 

We will update and give disability, all problems and mental health support a slight change of name at least up 5 days before we close our 2 other disability groups, we hope to get those closed before the 2nd September 2020 at the lastest. 

We don't want people to not feel afraid of enjoying the group but we want everyone to feel safe too. We want to make it friendly as possible but we know we can't please everyone. 

We understand with disabilities and all problems find it hard to make it friends and the coronavirus lockdown is making it hard for people but we are saying that is everyone's case.

 Everyone is different some may want to try and make friends etc others may not. The involves all topics of life as well as socializing. Therefore we advise you to write a message to the group if you want to socialize, add a selfie keep it clean and safe, say a little about yourself nothing personal.

 We can't promise and we are responsible whether or not others answer you or not, everyone has a choice. Be patient with people don't give up members come and go, some members leave, some come back some don't.

 If needs are asked on the group information, websites, etc and that applies to any topic as well as socializing.

 As I have said before be mindful as not everyone on the group has disabilities etc some are involved in the lives of disabilities etc, like someone's parent, carer, family member, friend, partner, social worker, support worker, professional, which is another reason for writing a message and waiting for a response.

 Do not contact anyone unless you know them unless they answer and give you permission if they say no or don't answer, do not pm or and friend request them.

 Please feel free to report it if you have proof of someone contacting you if don't know them and they contact you without asking you if you don't want this. The proof hopefully helps us do our job right so we are blocking and remove people in the wrong, not in the right. Sorry if this is over the top, as in the past we have had social groups of members reporting members they don't know pming or and friend requesting them without asking or they still have done so when they have told them not to. 


However, Admins get busy and have other lives like we all have. Therefore is not force but if those of you who are involved in lives of disabilities etc, can help those with disabilities, etc who may ask for it, but that is your choice, if they want or and need to pm or and friends request they will have to ask your permission and you a say and choice to say yes or no and they need to accept that. However, if not and this is a private matter then they will have to write a message on the group to Admins.

 For safety and the fact that each Admin on the team including myself, has different skills, one Admin will ask the other, if no one can or doesn't want to for their own reasons, I am creator so I have a responsibility to deal with the situation. However' just to say I am not skilled at everyone so I may turn to someone on my team for advice. Regular Admins are me, Harry, Jen, Alistair works a lot because he's a paramedic and carer but he does what he can when he is free.


Just to say we are a very small team but despite that, we are not looking for any more Admins on the team. In past have had Admins let us down, they either left or got rid of them. Despite a small team, the last Admins we got rid of was before Xmas, we have had no problems since.

To us, your privacy matters. 

In the past, I have been an Advocacy worker and I am very loyal to privacy and I like my Admins to resect your privacy. I have been running groups on the FB for nearly ten years, I have faced problems with members and admins in different ways but I have had anyone who has breached someone's privacy. If we pm any of our members everything is private unless you give us permission to say anything to anybody and we will only tell those who you tell us to if you do. However' if we are concerned about safety it will be said to our team if needs be but it won't go anywhere else unless you say it can.

As you know the FB has made groups private so do not tell people off our group unless whoever is say whatever gives you permission to do so and only tell who they tell you to tell if they do.  If you have reason and proof to believe anyone on our groups has gone against your word in whichever way feel free to report it to us. The proof is so people in the wrong are getting blocked and removed not those in the right. The fact that the group is private means those who are not on the group can see what is written those are on them can, therefore, you have a responsibility to not say things that you don't want people to know, although everyone including us as well even have a responsibility to not tell others unless you say we can and only who we can and we expect the same respect too. Don't get me wrong I have a great Admin team but I know no one is perfect either.

 I will admin the guys I have on the team now I get on great with but that doesn't mean excuse my language that I think the sun shines out of anyone's backside. Like I said I have made my mistakes in the past and I have had Admins let me down but I have had no problems as I said since before the last Xmas. The same with problems with members Admins too, which is unlikely but never say never, if you face problems with anyone on the groups please provide a proof so we are not getting rid of people who haven't done anything wrong, that is whether they are member or Admin. I have no reason to believe the admins on my team now will let me down but before I decide to take action, We need you to provide proof to know we are doing out the job right by blocking and removing people in the wrong not in the right, that's the same with members too. 

No comments: