Monday 3 August 2020

What is Dysgrapia?

Dysgraphia is a learning disability well probably a learning difficulty like most of them really no one is aware other than the person themselves. Even the person aware is not aware unless they come across research on disability etc explaining the things they face naturally without directing at them as such.

I have always enjoyed writing and sometimes I can write for ages for my wrists can ache after a while and that's something no one notices other person themself.


I struggle to write neatly, which is noticeable from others. I cannot rush my work and do a good job I am afraid unless I type on the pc etc.  For my work to be at it's best I need lined paper so it flows straight. When you face problems with spelling, grammar, etc a lot that can be hard to know if you face, Dysgrspia or Dyslexia, there could a few more disabilities, etc that to do with spelling, grammar, etc problems.  This could be the same as struggling to think about what to write about but you can get non stop thoughts as well where it is non - stop in you once you start. 

 Most of the time the person does not notice if they have missed words out their work, got letters the wrong way round, etc, which may be only notice if someone reads their work. The person may have problems while they are writing, expressing themself in a way the readers do understand. That does not necessarily mean they cannot become successful in things, they just need the right support behind them.

Just looking into some research on the internet on the roughage to be diagnosed is 6 to 9 years old, which means there may be some people who are older who face these problems and may not know it is Dysgraphia. https://www.dyslexia.uk.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Definition-of-Dysgraphia-1.pdf



No comments: