Sunday 16 December 2018

TWENTY YEARS OF POETRY.

The single rose. 

When the wind blows it opens one single rose.
When the rain comes down the whole roses are very washed down.
When spring has just started lovers have run.
When summer is on its way lovers pick roses every day. September 1997

Lovers.
Eating ice cream on a hot summer's day in the park.
Eating fish and chips, kissing and hugging wrapped up warm on a cold winter's night in the dark.

Eating popcorn in the back seat on the back row hugging the night away.
Drinking in the pub getting drunk, hugging and kissing September 1997


I love you madly.

Hello my lovely laddie, I Love you so madly.
I hope you don't leave me so sad.
Why I am I so mad as a lass to meet such a lad?

I may as well lose love from start to end.
One way or the other I will manage to be loved again and dumped again.
I once ended up with a laddie who went off with another.
We fell in love for two and a half years, after that I had so many fears.
It took me a long time to move on, now gladly and madly I love another laddie. 1997 - 2000

The voice of homeless people.
I can't cope any longer, I don't have any money to live on.
I keep on feeling sick because I am not eating a lot.
Please save my life!
Please give me a home!
Please me a job and career!
Please give me a normal life like all of you! 1997 - 1998

To the one I love. 

You are the one I love so much. 

You brighten up my day. 

You make me feel happy but then you make me feel sad. 

You guide me through that dark tunnel that I can't see. 

We have been together so long that we share an everyday memory together. 

Today I love more than yesterday, that's even more than before. 2007 

How do I know if you love me or not if you don't tell me and show me?

You know I find it hard to stop loving you.

Can you disbelieve that I love you?

If that's the case, why am I still in your life? (You're the love of my life.)

You are now saying that I don't show love towards you but you never show love towards me these days.
Why should I make the first move?

Why should I try with someone who does not love me any more or who does not know what he wants?

You will have no problem showing your love towards me because you know I love you.

If you show me the love I will show you, love.

If you don't show me, love, then I know my answer.

How long to do you expect me to be mad enough to want you?
It's only because I love that I am just around you.

I just want you to let me know whether you want me to stay or go. 2007.



I am so hurt.

I sit back thinking about you every day, wondering if you are faithful to me or not.

It's going to take a while until I can get my trust back in you.

I love you for you, which is everything about you.

What I don't like is your lies and changes in stories that you have told me.

I can never forget the way you cheated on me, you really did hurt me.

When you are drunk you scare me.

There are good and bad sides of you like in most of his but when you're nice your really nice or you're really nasty.

You can be very funny and make me laugh, handsome and romantic.

You are very romantic when you want to be. 2000 onwards.



Anything you do does not surprise me.

I have had to get used to the way you have always been all these years.

Nothing seems to be new about you but still, you can't change a man so I am not going to change me either.

I don't think you have ever known what you wanted in all the years I have known you.
You don't know whether you want to be lovers, friends or what.

I just need to achieve what I need to do in life like leaving you, which I am not strong enough yet.

It's no good staying with a man who does not know whether he loves me or not.

I am now a woman getting towards 40, I am too old for your silly games and my career is coming along at last.

The young school girl went over twenty years ago, I have achieved more through adult life and school was no help at all.

How wrong was I to think I would not get by in life.

If only I knew then what I know now.

My career is my writing, which is getting.
By the way, make up your mind whether you want to be my friend or lover again! 13.1.2009 




How much more pain can the world take until it breaks?

They are so brave to stand the strain.

How can we heel their wounds when they cannot heel them on their own?

Having to cope with little money is war on it's own. 2009

I don't give up on life because it's hard.

Love has killed me inside but I am still here.

Look what you may have done to me but I am strong!

Ribbed my insides out with pain.

You have made it hard for me to move on but I have left you anyway.

One day you will be sorry because there's no going back, I have forgiven you far too much in the past.
It's too late for you now, I can't take no more. 12.6.2009 


I have a long way to go but I will get there.

Here we go again but never will you put me through it.

The first time you hurt me, I never wanted to love again.

I thought there was not a light at the end of the tunnel, I was wrong.

There's no going back this time, you don't know what you want so it's too late if you do.

I don't think you ever do or did know what you want.
I have been up this road with you far too many times before, there's no reason for me to be there anymore.

I have hung around where I am not wanted for far too long.

I never thought I'd see the day I'd get used to you messing me around but I see why I have to face it anymore.

Now it's taught me to believe in myself and that I get my life back together again.

I can't say who I will love in future but it won't be you. 12.6.2009. 



You confuse me.

I left you because you did not know how to feel about me.

I also left you because I had to stop feeling you as you did, you were hurting me too much.

You have completely confused me and used me.

I need to get over you, which is not easy to do.

You won't stop me loving again but it won't be you.

You won't beat me forever, I am too strong for you. 12.6.2009 




Life goes on without you.

It may well be still dark in here but I believe on I am on my way to the light, one day I will get there.

I will find happiness in some way one day.

Life goes on without you.

Your not the only man in the world.

How foolish was I to chose you?

I have no shame to hide from the world but shame on you.

You have bought all this pain and loss yourself.

Say hello to loneliness.

I will get through without you somehow.

I can think clearer without wondering where you are like I used to.

I know what I want more in life than you do. 


Some people blame you for us but others blame me for us.

Silly me, I keep forgetting there's no us oh that's good.

A lot of people have asked about you but I am fed up with.

At the same time they think I should get on with my life as I doing.


I have not cried a tear over you this time but I haven't felt sadness.
I can live without your love. 13.6.2009 


No comments: