Thursday 13 May 2021

Living with Mental health and Mental ill - health part 1

 Now what I am sorry for is focusing on the negatives a lot but now I am going to try and forus on the positives, the reason for this is, I am no except other than facing Mental ill-health and other problems myself and I don't intend to be professional because I am not but my website is for to help towards whatever you may be doing towards disability, mental health, and others problems.

This is an insight into how I faced things myself to help you help others and help others help themselves, which I understand isn't going to help everyone who reads it. Just to say not please everyone and those who may do, I may not all the time. Not saying anyone thinks so but I am not trying to be someone I am not and, I am no teacher, even though I help out doing sessions for the University near where I live. At least I say I did do when there was no lockdown and hopefully by the time this year is out if not next year I will be back. Yes, admit I am a visiting Lecture in learning disability and mental health but I am no professional or anything like that. I guess I give advice really of my experience of facing the problems I do face in hopes of helping others if not the same but similar. 

When facing mental - ill-health like I said before motivation can be a hard one I guess for many people and I know I struggle with motivation a lot. Although even through times like what has been in lockdown, I haven't been just staring at the four walls at home. I have achieved my Counselling level one, even though I am yet still to receive the certificate. Since I have done than just writing on this website really, taking part in online workshops, etc. 

In the terms of Mental health, the lockdown hasn't helped, and yes fair play to those who have done what they can and hopefully done what they enjoy to pass each day. With or without lockdown this could be exercise, relaxation, meditation, arts, crafts, reading a book, watching a film, etc things they enjoy, great for those who can easily. It's hard for those who don't Mental - ill-health why motivation is a struggle for those with. 

Before I go on, that doesn't mean we don't do anything at all. It just means having the effect to do things and every little bit even is a bonus, even me writing this website but no one excepts a reward if and when they do make an effect for whatever it may be but only understanding, not to be misunderstood. For example, when someone is maybe struggling to get out of bed, have a shower, etc. Oh, they are lazy they are, then suddenly say well done when they do.

  There's no fine line between the two so I guess your think, how is anyone can react then. Well, we don't expect pats on the backs only to understand we just maybe slower with some maybe most things than you. There's no easy way to say why not even ourselves really, only when we feel down in ourselves etc, our self - esteem, confidence, etc drops lol but we don't necessarily always feel that way.

 I cannot speak for others but for me anyway it has a way of coming and going in its own time, which could be either short or a long length of time, I don't know why. I guess it may be for example before lockdown in my case anyway when things are going on at the University etc for example, however short or long that lasts I am feeling alright in myself and then the time there's nothing I am at my low spells, although I may or may not show it. 

Although you may be even helping people through situations such as job and business losses. You may find the good side as well such as maybe whatever negative situation may have faced, there may be positive, which where there could be an improvement in their motivation such as they may be starting to pick up the courage to help themselves a bit if not a lot such doing thing they enjoy, which if it's something they are good at, have an interest, etc, they are likely to concentrate better, etc, which may be hobbies, etc.

 One never knows they may start to feel well enough to forus either on their career a new one etc. I am not sure whether or not you would be allowed to refer them to any Mentoring, even employment services, etc, if not you can always say we are not allowed to refer you to those places but I guess you could say, not sure you can or not suggest places where they could get some career advice, which they may or may not be with them anyway for whatever reason.

 However' this may or not be that to star with they may have lost or and had change in their business,  job, etc and may be looking to replace or may be improve that, which I know that it probley won't be your job to sort that but it may affect them emotionally.

 This could mean from someone from somewhere they may need help with confidence building, self - esteam building etc, which could be not because of been affected by job, business, loss and changes but those for example who may not have worked etc since before the lockdown, even if they have done things online etc, there's still difference between that than how things were when they were in their workplaces etc. https://www.nhs.uk/every-mind-matters/coronavirus/mental-wellbeing-while-staying-at-home/ https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/positive-thinking-overview  https://medlineplus.gov/howtoimprovementalhealth.html





No comments: