Wednesday 5 May 2021

Supporting disability, mental health and other problems with and without over the lockdown

 Sorry, I have written a fair amount these posts already but I can't help but raise awareness of how the lockdown has been affecting peoples' lives, even more so vuanble people. Although due to Covid 19, not just affected vubaanble people everyone really has been overprotected, To be honest very rightly so but all the same a huge effect mental health.

 Not only for those facing disabilities, mental health, and all problems anyway but for all of us really. A lot of us having to face huge changes in how we live our lives, even though people have been able to get out for exercise etc. 

Losing socializing as such with not able to go to the pubs etc for me anyway considering the use to go to my local every evening, don't get me wrong I am missing my friends but not be able to go to the university and other things I did out and about, I have found more of a bigger loss, even they didn't anything for me that often but for other people it could be different things. 

I understand it may not be in everyone's case but as soon as things do start to move a bit forward, many of us may lacking confidence self- stream, etc. 

Slowly hopefully things are moving forward such as more shops, pubs, places opening, such services as disability services, universities, colleges, etc I don't think are back open just yet.  

The reason why I created this post is that but maybe these things most people may be doing such as online courses, workshops, groups sessions, etc on such as on Zoom, Teams, etc. To be fair to the two employment services I get support from, they have been keeping in touch with clients during lockdown doing Zoom chats, finding us online courses, etc, despite of staff working from home, etc. This means if service etc allows you to do that with your clients. https://www.mencap.org.uk/learning-disability-explained/research-and-statistics/health/mental-health

When the lockdown started it was a shock to everyones'  but there's no doubt that it has had a huge effect on other disabilities, mental health, and other problems but people with Autism are affected by sensory and change ( route), with certain things they used to do and certain places they used to go, suddenly closed, etc, it's likely to have taken them a little longer get used. Crazy as it sounds if or and when things change back again, as positive as it may be, it may well take them a while to get back in the swing of things again. If like me. no is to blame but the things I had going on like with the University etc, I didn't go very often so you wouldn't think the lockdown would make a huge difference to me but oddly has because I guess I haven't been to the University, etc for nearly 14 months. 

No comments: