Tuesday 11 May 2021

Mental health and Mental - ill health can be serious if not taken seriously

 It is understandable that the more we hear about Mental health,  sorry to say the reason why there's so much awareness but not enough because it's so real. Yet even these days hard for many to believe because it's so hidden to believe it is so real. It has increased more so since the Covid lockdown started in March 20220. https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/statistics-and-facts-about-mental-health/how-common-are-mental-health-problems/

Regardless of how concerning Mental -ill-health is, no one can expect everyone to have an interest, and as much as it may feel too much hearing about it, it is a huge concern for those around us, even ourselves and those we don't know. Most of the time we don't know who's facing it and whose not. Regardless of today's awareness, we don't know all who may be facing because some maybe people we don't know.

 Mental - ill-health is a sensitive and even personal subject to most people, which could be hard for them to talk to even people they know and even more so people they don't know. 

To most people, it can be so personal and sensitive, even still today it can be misunderstood but many years ago, even more so most people were afraid to talk about it to anyone in case people misunderstood them for some they were not.

 No one should have to feel that way, which is why personally I think anyway, it is so important that people should be allowed voice to speak about it to those who they want to speak about too but as it is hard on people it is also understandable why people may struggle to do so. However' everyone who faces Mental - ill-health is naturally different so really except anything off anyone.  https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/

I know it's not about my opinion and there is no right or wrong, but sorry I am saying it how it is by my experience and surely I am not alone, which why I am saying it. Don't get me wrong, I cannot speak for others and I am not saying the advice around Mental ill-health is wrong but Mental - ill health can take a lot out of people.

 I am not saying everything but some things are easy said than done because Mental - ill health can in many of us affect motivation.

 Although I have said Mental - ill-health needs a voice that's easy said than done. For example; I heard people say over the years, on the other hand, bottling things up does you no good. Don't get wrong, that's very true but a lot of people find it very hard, mainly over personal things and to those they don't know and it shocking to know some struggle seem to open up their own parents, families, etc even let alone their friends, partners, etc. Which why I say no one is forced to talk or not to talk. 

I have even heard people say males struggle more so than females but probley true in most cases but then I guess can vary. 

 Yet for most of us, we are going so out of our mind, we are struggling not to talk to someone. 

Sorry, I cannot help but say yet again why suggesting things to people because don't get me wrong when I say this of course no matter who or what we are we don't to be forced to do or not to do anything, even though there are some things in life don't get us a choice but with Mental- ill-health motivation isn't thing which mostly isn't because may not want to do or not do whatever necessary, but Mental ill - health can affect engry, self - esteem, confidence, etc for example, which be some, one or all of those things.  

Where they may be ready now, in the future, or not at all, which could be a number of things, reading a book, writing a diary, exercise, relaxation, going back to work, etc. If or when they do something etc may not be a huge thing for you but a huge achievement for them. For etc, they have no confidence to try at the start their therapy program, they may be suddenly doing it six months later or do something that they haven't talked about, which is even more of an achievement.

 My advice is not chasing and pushing the person but suggesting. For example; when I faced my breakdown, I didn't even tell my counselor I was into writing and yet when I got into poetry and showed him, he was amazed because I was getting all that was bothering me on paper. 

What you suggest they either try or don't but they don't, my advice is don't say things like. " Well you haven't tried anything I have suggested, there's no way going to go very far." Instead of which. Say what I have suggested maybe or not you will decide to try what I suggested in the future."

Now on the other side of the coin, you don't deserve bad attitudes, swearing, abuse, etc. Yes, I know sorry I have said this a few posts ago, but there's a fine line on what Mental ill-health and purpose behaviors, which I know is hard but needs to be looked into because your safety matters as well. 



No comments: