Monday 5 April 2021

Depression awareness

 In the time period of Coranvirus lockdown, which are easing a bit with so many of us having the vaccine but we are not completely out of the woods yet and it doesn't mean as you know that people stop facing depression. All Mental health is how we feel and how we behave. The feeling can happen whether we have a reason to feel as we do or not. What is hard is that we don't want to hide away from the world but we don't want to make other peoples' life hell through it either. It is too easy for people to say talk about but sometimes there's nothing to talk about or and it is no one else's but on the other hand longer not said the worse it gets. This is something only we can decide which can be hard to decide, then again no one should focus to talk or forus us not to. If this is you or and someone here is something that may or may not help you and those of you who are trying to help others who are facing Depression. https://www.nrshealthcare.co.uk/articles/condition/depression

As you know Depression is when you feel down sad, fed up, etc and mainly at moment because of the lockdown but even though you can go for walks, I know that can be easy said than done with the lockdown rules because most of us don't want to break them and may understand, which is not surprising even though there may a good reason to do so when the rules change so but slowly respirations are easing but we still need to be careful and getting that balance to do this correctly is not easy. For some of us don't feel confident and I am one of those who are not due to my Autism, other disabilities, etc. 

Reasons for feeling down could be a relationship or and friendship breaks up, deaths of people you know, business job loss, etc, if you are facing these things or and similar no one is forcing you to talk or not to. Your not alone plenty of people, probley are in the Coronavirus lockdown. Although this part of my life has passed and gone you may have read in my last post, it's only been the last two years since I got over an emotional mental abusive relationship, which I faced from 1997 to 2019, even though I was out his life at least five before I started feeling myself again. In those years I made the big mistake of taking him back, which lasted seven years, then slipt for the last time in 2007 and it took till 2019 for me to move forward with my life, in those years I face about six loads of counseling maybe more, I know I am not alone hopefully your not facing anything same or similar, no one can forus to talk but if you can please do because doesn't get any better if you don't try to get help, I went through stages of doing that thinking I could cope alone with it but I couldn't but I knew no one could tell me other than myself, which is same for anyone. 

This is what some people may be facing. 

  • General feelings of unhappiness don't go away.

  • Having no interest in life.

  • Finding it difficult to concentrate and make even easy decisions.

  • Having no feeling of enjoyment in life.

  • Not wanting to go out or mix with people but spending a lot of time on your own.

  • Feeling very tired and having no energy.

  • Finding it difficult to sleep and waking up frequently during the night.

  • Having no appetite and eating very little

  • Losing self-confidence and feeling worthless.

  • Being very irritable, anxious, impatient.

  • Feeling very negative about life.

  • Having suicidal thoughts.

.

Just to say I am going to add some sites but your choice only if you try or not, please don't feel alarmed by this been there or this maybe if you might be referring people or someone. http://www.health-in-mind.org.uk/  http://www.mhf.org.uk/  jo@samaritans.org  http://www.samaritans.org/ 


No comments: