Saturday 3 April 2021

Problems linked to Autism

 

  • Lack of awareness in body-positive, space, and spatial relationships.
  • Hard to take in information.
  • Hard to keep tidy.
  • Cooking for eg; carrying heavy joints out of the oven, chopping up, and straining veg.
  • Hard to learn sounds, movements, and proofreading.
  • Hard to concentrate on too many things at once.
  • Slow to do a job and finish it.
  • Daydream be in a world of our own.
  • Find hard to listen to people in groups and take in what they say.
  • Finding hard to understand people and be understood by them. 
  •  Change can take a while to get used to whether it's good or bad.
  • Good and bad days for eg; something we managed great yesterday we are coping really bad today.
  • Some skills we just never manage but others we manage for life.
  • We may get frustrated and angry easily.
  • We just might give up if people give up on us too easily.
  • We may be stressed and anxious easy.
  • We may feel low in our self-esteem. 
  • We may get upset easily. 

Other awarenesses of the disability.
Some people with Dyspraxia have flat feet but I also have wide feet. I have really bad problems getting shoes to fit me. Some people even find it hard to type and grip the mouse on a computer. My problem can be I type so fast I don't notice my spelling mistakes and the words I have missed out of sentences. Some people find it hard to plan things. Some of us have poor relocating cannot look quickly and effectively from one object to another, looking from the television to magazine.

Although there seem to be a lot of things that we find hard, there are some things that get better in our lives. I still remember as a child finding it hard for a lot of years cutting meat up with a knife and fork. In some cases, if someone is on some medications the side effects can make life even harder for them. If you have a lot of problems with your hands, some medications can make them worse, which makes some people shake.  Not everyone finds the same things hard and not everyone finds the same things easy. I even find with some things I just have good days and bad. Strangely in some things, there are some weaknesses that can turn into confidences because with this being a lifetime disability you become used to what you can and can't cope with. The fact that we are keen, willing people because we find so many things hard we don't give up until we achieve what we want to. Sometimes though society gives upon us. To start with it may seem hard to believe that there are positives in Dyspraxia but it takes a long time to believe in that, your disability, and most of all yourself. You can  find so many things hard yet it's to believe the bad as well as the good because you don't appear to strangers to have disabilities.
Our lives aren't all black and white there are positives about us yet some are from the things we do find hard.

  • Some things that we may see differently from other people can be right.
  • We find it easy to get along with people if they understand us and we understand them.
  • People need to give themselves time and us time to get to know one another.
  • We can be carrying people who need support as much or if not more than us.
  • We have powerful and creative imaginations in our daydreams.
  • We are very keen learners despite of finding learning hard, nothing stops us.
  • We have good long-term memories.
  • We can create for eg; creative writing art painting and drawing. 
The causes of Dyspraxia.
    As far as I know, Dyspraxia is caused by a lack of orgxen to the brain at birth or when a baby is born too early. I think this can be linked to epilepsy or and a stroke. I think are many other causes of Dyspraxia.



    Different forms of Dyspraxia.

    It sounds as if the world has a lot to learn about Dyspraxia, which is hardly surprising as it's a hard disability to understand and explain. Just because I am Dyspraxia, doesn't mean I know everything about it. In my respect, the world knows more than me. What I do know is how it has affected my life. I am glad to say now it has opened up now. There may have been thousands of children in my school, I would have been aware but I doubt it. I know what it's like to feel so alone even though you are more than likely not. Bullying never seems to stop because you look and or seem different to other children. Even by adults your so misunderstood because quite rightly even an adult expects to see a normal child, whatever normal is at the end of the day. Putting yourself in the shoes of parents, life can be a jigsaw puzzle for them when their child is slow at learning or and they know what their disabilities and health problems are.

    Movements are to do with Motor skills, Co-ordation, and balance. For eg; opening a tin with a can opener.
    Language is speech how we sound, make ourselves understood and misunderstood mostly the cases are.
    Perception is Understanding and or misunderstanding others, messages, the world around us and etc.
    It's more likely possible to have all of those forms of Dyspraxia as I have found all those things hard throughout my life. Having said that when you have a good many other disabilities it can be hard to say what causes what. For eg; I could either Asperger Syndrome or and ADHD, Dyslexia, Epilepsy as well as Dyspraxia. could have one form of Dyspraxia, two or all three. I know what I read about Dyspraxia sounds like me.

    Sometimes when I am speaking I find it hard to sallow when I speak therefore no one understands me. I have always had problems with my tongue, teeth, and lips which go very dry as the skin becomes loose. Even though I feed myself, I'm still a very messy eater. As a very small child, I found it very hard to grip a knife and fork I think food used to go everywhere other than my mouth over the floor everywhere, although I don't see how I've always loved my food too much and ate too much.
    Some words I may say may not come out correct but may not be far off, otherwise, I'm well misunderstood. Sometimes I may talk too quietly in case I don't sound like how I want to sound like. Yet when I am sure of myself it works opposite I can be too loud.     

    Some famous people with Dyspraxia.

    Daniel Radcliffe who plays Harry Potter, David Bailey who takes pictures, Florence Welch, Hannah McDonnell actor, Helen Burns character out of Jane Eyre, Samuel Taylor Coleridge poet, CK Chester, Ernest Hemingway, Jack Kerouac, and George Orwell wrote.

    No comments: