Monday 5 April 2021

Mental health with and with out disabilities, Autism and other problems

 Mental health awareness starts on the 7th of this month, which is only two days to go on Wednesday. In this post, I will be trying to understand Mental health with and with disabilities, Autism, and other problems. Before I go on it is the 27th death Anniversary of the 80s to 90s pop-rock Star Kurt Cobain who suffered from very severe depression but he had very amazing talent. When it comes to this it can be a hard subject to talk about because we tend to see the positive side which is the talent in the person but then that person may not want to be famous talent etc, life may have just taken them that was but a lot of the way they may have been feeling may be expressed in their work. Most people tend to think in this situation you have success, what is the matter with you? Most people forget unlike us we don't have the fear of walking down the street without been asked when we are making our next record etc for example, as sad as it is you can understand why they feel life is too much. I may be wrong but there may be more of an increase in death in this situation as far as suicides and depression concerned than those of us who are not famous, which maybe this something that you could look into. No one knows what's happening behind closed doors. 

Right okay, moving on to the purpose of this topic mental health with and without disabilities, other problems, and Autism. It easy to say, people who face other problems, as well as Mental health, are likely to feel themselves again longer than people who just face mental health, that not always the case and I guess it can vary to why is in the law counseling and therapy private but may depend on how mild, several etc the situation is bothering them I guess. In my case, I faced emotional stress and abuse with an ex-boyfriend. I made a huge mistake taking him back because I thought he would change and at the time I still loved him but there came a time I realized I need to start to do something about it because I wasn't getting anywhere because he didn't feel the same way. A couple years later I walked away just after his Mum died, who I got along with and was sad to lose but oddly it made it easier for me to walk away from him, which by then he decided he wanted me back then. At that point, I was out of his life but still having in my mind. I asked my counselor at the time about this, she said by the sounds of the situation you have told me about you have faced emotional mental abuse, which she was right, it took me at least five years after that to feel my normal self again. 

Now let's try to be positive, how can you help or should I say empower, encourage your people, patients, etc? First of all, never for us a person into anything. Second all some people may want to try others may not. Thirdly what works for one person doesn't work for another. If you're bringing on something they don't enjoy they are less likely to want to try then. It might not make them feel 100 %  or take away the problem that is bothering them but it may ease their mind and keep them sane in the time period they doing what they enjoy. This could be a hobby, interest, arts, craft, something to do with their career, etc. Now when it comes to things like this, it's unknown whether or not they ready to take that step or not although you not making them do something they don't want to do, they may still be at the stage they are not ready because they cannot concentrate because they are finding it hard to blank out what is bothering them and if they face other problems besides mental health that could be why it could take longer than it may other people. You're not a mind reader when or if they are ready. The time limit which may be as a counselor thepest etc maybe possibly six months, which used to be when I received counseling anyway, that may be not long enough for them like it wasn't for me but you will leaving it with them whether they consider it or not in the future. However' if needs be if the program ends with you, it may be a cause starting again for another six months, you may refer them else or they may have to find elsewhere, etc, whether it's been referred by their GP, etc. In my case, I cannot remember a time finishing service and start again at the same time.

No comments: