Saturday 3 April 2021

Disabilities, mental health and other problems people may get with Autism

 Before I get into this post Autism doesn't go one way for every person you faces Autism. I will honestly say I don't know whether or it is possible to face Autism on its own but I know it's possible to face it with disabilities, health problems, or and other problems. However' no one faces the same ones, this can vary, some may possibly get one thing other than Autism, others may get a few and others may get a lot.

I doubt very much sadly Autism can be on its own but I may be wrong because as a whole Anxiety and even Depression is very much linked with Autism. Not sure how this works but I am guessing the higher level of Autism as I have said not in the last one but the one before is those who face level 3 Autism would face the highest level 3 faces the highest of Anxiety and even depression, mine seems high enough but surely it's not that high. 

Throughout my life, I had changed as a child to now in fact long before, it may have been the tablets I was for Epilepsy. I went from me not sleeping at night and struggling to learn in school, which I left I had nothing to show for it to start adult life so I had to spend years of adult life catching up. What I am explaining now the way I was then and the way I now have its advances and disadvantages, back then I was high as a kite since I said 13 maybe slightly older to now I have as much engry as a snail. People who knew back then would probley say it was possibly as we know ADHD today. You wouldn't believe to see me and you would find it hard to imagine how I was but it's true but I was so unaware of what was up with me and why back then.

Anyway, that's enough about me, I suppose to write about the other things link to Autism. Like I said what etc everyone faces is likely to be different. 


First of all, ADHD which stands for 

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) 

ADHD mostly affects the construction and like Autism it can affect how you get along with others this means, school, college work, etc even everyday life, which when that links to Autism I guess it can be hard to tell whether it's Autism, ADHD, or both which is very often the case by a guess. A person is never tired enough but then overtired. To make it more confusing sorry,  Anxiety is something similar to a point where the mind is always thinking, and with ADHD the body is always moving but even if a person doesn't get calmer it is hard to say if possible that person may have ADHD, Anxiety even possibly Autism.  Even I will be honest to say it's hard to tell ADHD, Anxiety, and Autism together or apart. http://www.youngminds.org.uk/for_parents/worried_about_your_child/adhd_children
http://www.adhdfoundation.org.uk/ http://aadduk.org/

Hearing impairment 

I never had much problem with hearing I don't think but I think I may be starting to now, I'm over 50 but it's not that bad. Mind you I have always been a waxy person, I think faced what you called a gluey ear at least when I said when I started school 4 and a half 5. 
I will be honest I don't know much or anything about hearing impairment only that in people with Autism can face sensory differences although now that I am researching I probley have faced them but not really aware as such. I think as a child etc I have a brief memory of my Mum taking me to a hearing test etc. Although those of us who face Autism that is sensitive to sound tend to find high pitch sounds etc hurt our ears. Sorry, when I think of hearing problems, I tend to think about if I have been asked if I can hear or not when there's more to it than that. With Autism as well is that most of us are sensitive to different sounds etc. http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/newborn-hearing-test.aspx https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/sensory-differences/sensory-differences
https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/communication

https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/communication/communication-tools/visual-supports
https://www.british-sign.co.uk/
http://www.makaton.org/
http://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/


http://www.downs-syndrome.org.uk/for-families-and-carers/dual-diagnosis/ I will be honest because I don't face Down Syndrome I don't know anything about but as you can see I have a link if you wish to look it up.

Dyslexia 

I was diagnosed with Dyslexia in my 30s which wasn't recognized in school. The school I think was aware of something wrong but I think they thought I was an Alford child. When doing handwriting once I forgot to missed a line between the date and the title and for not doing that I seem to remember getting a slap across the legs with the ruler. 
I have had most people say over the years, people with Dyslexia cannot read and write, which is not true you just face difficulties along the way. Like letters, words, etc the wrong way round. I could read quite well but I could never really remember what I read, lacking comprehensive, which isn't great now but it has improved quite a bit through my lifetime. I am pleased to say now support has grown but it needs to grow more.
One about Dyslexia it has its positives as well as negatives but no more than. https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/sensory-differences/sensory-differences
http://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/
https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/neurodiverse-age/201909/the-positives-dyslexia
https://www.understood.org/en/learning-thinking-differences/personal-stories/famous-people/success-stories-celebrities-with-dyslexia-adhd-and-dyscalculia


Dyspraxia 

Dyspraxia is a hidden physical learning difficulty that I do face, for what I face it affects one side of the brain and body, which either can be on your left or right, I would have thought. In my case, it is on my right, which I think is similar to a stroke but in my case, I was born lack of oxygen to the brain which is where it started for me and it affected my left side of my brain. Other people who face the condition may have faced it differently and it may affect them in different ways not to say I am alone either. 

This means when making hot drinks I can only carry one at a time and carry it safely in my right. 
For today's generation of young Dyspraxia needs to be aware as early as possible because I feel physical strength is important, which I haven't got because the condition wasn't aware of when I was small, therefore there was no help and support. Even though they may have been aware of stroke back those days they only knew about stroke even cancer in the elderly. https://sararevealed.blogspot.com/2007/08/way-my-disability-affected-me-as-child.html


What is Dyspraxia?

Dyspraxia is a hard disability and mental problem to explain and understand. Many people have already lived  
with Dyspraxia our lives being misunderstood and being told that we are a danger to society. The world understands that the world can know everything right away. No one is blaming anyone but if Dyspraxia was understood many years, we may have had the right support and may not have been classed as health hazards and useless people. This disability has caused us to be made to feel guilty for things we can't help and also caused us to be hated by the world. We understand it's understandable in one way for the health and safety of others but not the fault on the purpose of the people who have the disabilities. The awareness is good but all very well to raise when there's not the money in the world to support it. One thing is raising understanding of Dyspraxia so we can be at least understood for what our disability is about.
Dyspraxia is when people are unaware of the world around them. It's too easy to not look where your going, bang into things and people around you. People with Dyspraxia can find physical and mental skills hard. Dyspraxia is mostly misunderstood as been a danger to society, which you are but with the right support you can get by in life.
 The reason for Dyspraxia being misunderstood is because it's a hidden disability. Yet with Dyspraxia being a lot to do with the body and brain, even though it's hidden because people can walk and talk it's more major than those disabilities who need 24-hour care in everything. The advantage is that people with Dyspraxia have the ability though to ask for help if they need it. There's just a wide circle of skills we find hard. The cause of being misunderstood is the fact we can walk and talk so people think we can manage our lives the same as them. Dyspraxia is a Motor skill and co -ordation disability but it is also can be a reading and writing disability not much different from dyslexia.


For eg; a baby may find it hard to roll over, take longer to stand up and balance, walking, climbing, slower to talk and be understood.

Exercise may be harder to access, some people may only manage swimming, exercise or and even horse riding. Some people may not manage to ride a real bike. Some people may find it hard to hop, jump, run fast and even skip. Some people may find it hard to throw and catch a ball. Some people may find it hard to stand for a long time.

 Children may be slower to walk up and down stairs safely without support. There are some stairs even adults and teenagers may not be able to manage without support. Some stairs can be harder for some people to manage than others. Some people find it hard to dress, tie shoelaces and etc.

 For most of us, it can affect our lives by not being able to drive a car and not being able to have children because of carrying and lifting. As time goes on support get's better in some ways but not in others. On the other hand with the cuts, the government is making it's hard to say what the future is.



Other examples
  • Doing jigsaws
  • Gripping pencils
  • Playing games
  • Mixing with people
  • communicating 
  • Reading
  • Writing
  • Emotional problems
  • The poor short term memory
  • Using a knife and fork
  • Carrying hot drinks in the left hand or and you may be only able to carry one hot drink at a time.
  • Personnel care for eg; cleaning teeth, washing hair, shaving, cutting toe nails and etc.
  • Emptying the hoover and putting it back together again.
  • Finding it hard to understand people and make friends.
  • Poor vision
  • Sensitive to light
  • Sensitive to nose
  • Sensitive to touch
  • Sensitive to taste




No comments: