Monday 19 April 2021

Helping ADHD to build confidence up.

 How do you help people with ( ADHD) of all ages to build their confidence up? To look at the negatives in ( ADHD) anyone would think we are the worse people to have around people. Don't get me wrong, we are as human as anyone, we have good points, bad points, faults, etc within our control, no one is perfect. However' in ( ADHD) it is hard to know on our negatives what is our disorder and what is us there's so many but if and when people take time to get to know us, which sorry is a lot of work but not necessarily everything there's a lot of positives in us as well. 

We are never saying we don't need to be told off but it tends to seem as if we cannot do or not anything please anyone. Then no, I rephase that as once upon a time a long time ago, I used to feel that all the time, then came the day I realized it was for my own good. Even though for me, quite a bit of that is past but I still don't forget to learn the end it was no fault of my own and others around me. Therefore, hopefully, the same will be for you or and those you support. 

I can understand anyone hearing voices in their head, even though whose talking is doing no wrong.

" Hello, are you with us today? "

" Now don't speak unless I speak to you?"

" Now Fred blogs, put your hand up if you want to ask a question!"

So the list goes on as right as they are and plus the class is very busy. 

What are we thinking? Whoops, I didn't mean to interrupt, etc. As children, it's understandable that it's a hard one for teachers, there are children out there without ( ADHD) who interrupt the class on purpose and those who struggle to know when they can speak and when they cannot. How do we balance this for everyone? Well, I am not going to lie to the guilt of my past experience and admit I should have thought about this before. This is advice to those who are in school, college, universities, meetings for work, etc. Trying holding something in your hand that stands out really well until whoever is taking the class, meeting, etc sees you, then he or she is aware you want to speak. You have to wait for them to maybe finish off listening and talking to someone else etc but they will be aware that you want to speak. However' I understand that's not easy for everyone but if you can try to remember that please do. 

In school, it is not easy to set up topics that interest everyone, even what I remember in school two to three subjects I got along with and even the one I struggled with which makes no sense at all, that was art, English and swimming. English I struggled with in some areas, not in others. In those days there was no one-to-one support very few if any, and lessons weren't done in an accessible format, easy read, etc, which should be the case now. However' not every subject is for everyone anyway, which makes it even harder for the person as it is, disabilities, etc, or not even more of a challenge when the lesson isn't accessible.  

(ADHD) is not only misunderstood in the way we behave but the way we learn. 

Due to there being so many negatives in ( ADHD) most people facing it on the whole face a lot of anxiety and depression, tend to spend a lot of time feeling bad about themselves but not it's time to turn these negatives into positives. How do we do this?

I know it's easy to say but everyone has strengths, concentrate on asking people who face (ADHD) What they know, enjoy, and what they would like to learn or and encourage or and empower them into positive purposes in life. Try to make them feel good about themselves more, even by asking for example how they would like to see the future. 

Encourage and empower them to set goals. This could be a course, training even a job or even hobby, interest, arts, crafts, etc. A positive purpose in life to look forward to. 

If more positive thinking is encouraged then fewer negatives are faced. 

Try to raise their confidence and self - stream. https://totallyadd.com/5-superpowers-of-adhd/

https://addcoach4u.com/151-positives-of-adhd/






No comments: