Monday 5 April 2021

Understanding Autism as a whole part 2

 Through some of my past posts, I have said that Epilepsy is linked to Aspergerous syndrome but I have read some sites saying it can happen in those who face Autism Spectrum. It seems so confusing maybe because enough scientists are trying to learn themselves. However' who knows it may be a case that in any form of Autism it may be a case that some people face Epliespy others may not. In my case, I was born lack of oxygen and that may be my reason why but no reason why to why I have had spaces of years with and without seizures, surely I am not alone on this one. At least in my opinion this is amazing I am still alive and grateful, for what I am reading now, despite 51 is no spring chicken but I am still fairly young yet. Due to the fact, this will take quite a bit of studying and I am going to cheat a little and show you this which is the facts and figures of Epliespy mainly for those who face them with other problems as well I think. 

St Elizabeth’s supports children, young people, and adults with learning disabilities, often caused or complicated by severe epilepsy, severe autism, and/ or other complex medical conditions. The severity of their condition impacts their learning, communication, and mobility capacities and their dependency on others for their care and wellbeing.

Epilepsy Facts and Figures:

Epilepsy is a group of neurological disorders characterized by recurrent epileptic seizures. Whilst some cases occur as the result of brain injury, stroke, brain tumors/infections, or birth defects, the cause of most cases of epilepsy (60%) is unknown; it can affect anyone, at any age, from any background, and at any time.

Over 600,000 people in the UK have epilepsy – the equivalent of one in every 103 people. It is one of the most common serious neurological conditions – 87 new cases are diagnosed every day in the UK and an estimated 50 million people worldwide are classified as having epilepsy.

Seizures can be life-threatening: some people can suffer up to 30 seizures a day and if a seizure happens during sleep, the risk of death can be very high. They are also at high risk of Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP) when a person with epilepsy dies suddenly and unexpectedly with no obvious cause.

Around 1,100 people die of epilepsy-related causes every year – around three a day – with 10% being children and young people under 25. SUDEP accounts for approximately half of all epilepsy-related deaths and the risk of sudden death in young adults with epilepsy are increased 24-fold compared to sudden death within the general population.

According to what I am reading at the moment, it is saying that seizures are more common in Autistic people so your guess is as good as mine in this big mind field, they are saying it is more so in people with autism than in the general population. 


People with Autism with or without Epilepsy, I guess tend to face extreme Anxiety which can be a huger concern they face both if like I have it will be something they face all their lives or no and off but it becomes a part of our everyday lives where it becomes so part of us and what life gave us.

 Most people would see us as attention seekers etc, which not the case we have our strengths and weaknesses like everyone,  my case drawing, painting, poetry, doing lectures, Advocacy, mentor and counselor not in a professional way in learning disability, mental health, and other problems. 

I guess the form of Anxiety in Autism is General Anxiety and emotional depression, least in my experince which can happen in relationships, friendships and deaths of people we know, for example, this could be even job, businesses losses in most cases mainly for most peoples' cases at the moment with the Coranvirus lockdown. In that respect, society tends to say people with disabilities are health and safety hazard in the workplaces, etc when mainly at the moment which we understand is the same with the coronavirus lockdown crisis is the same for the generation population as well where it can have an effect on our generation mental health because we cannot go to work, etc, even though most thing online but not everyone can access, mainly people were before the lockdown was working years, etc.

Even as a person without disabilities, mental health, etc have times they worry, feel nervous, etc about the exam, driving lesson, test, etc but when it comes to happen more so than it should do if at all, which is hard to know when that limit is. There could be concerns that this person may be facing Anxiety. https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/panic-disorder/ https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/phobias/overview/ https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/agoraphobia/overview/ https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/claustrophobia/https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/social-anxiety/  https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/generalised-anxiety-disorder/overview/

Like many sites, I have written about depression on this blog depression a feeling of sadness whether you have something on your mind or not. 

In the case of Autism to what I face is I mainly get down no more different to other people emotional situation relationship and friendship break up, someone dieing who I know or losing my work, etc, which in the past what I have faced was when Mencap's funding got cut and I lost my enterprise they supported me with.

 In my case, I had a mental breakdown to the point I almost attempted suicide in late 1996 to early 1997 which lasted till the August of that year over a relationship break up with someone who I wouldn't even say hi to now, which make it hard to understand now even in my mind today, why it affected me so much. However' now I see it as a long nightmare I was woken up to find wasn't real but it was.   

Some of the time it can be no reason at such as the wintertime, dark nights, and mornings which is rather strange cause I tend to sleep less as the mornings get lighter. 

However, I haven't forgotten how serious can be if not been aware of but at the same time, no one is forced to talk and not to talk so remember no one needs to be alone but also understand it's not easy because not everyone wants to tell others their business even though counselor, etc are rescirted to laws, policy, privacy, etc but things can increase if not being aware of, mainly more so at this time at the moment with the coronavirus lockdown. Even though we know that most places will be opening up starting the 12th of April but I guess everywhere yet. Even though there's counseling online some people may struggle to access and or may feel comfortable talking face to face, which yet is not possible, and concerns while waiting for their mental health could be increasing.https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/clinical-depression/overview/

https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/coronavirus-covid-19-staying-at-home-tips/

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/generalised-anxiety-disorder/symptoms/

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/clinical-depression/symptoms/

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/feelings-symptoms-behaviours/feelings-and-symptoms/


No comments: