Monday 12 April 2021

Learning disability and mental health training

 

I face disabilities, mental health, and other problems, which are Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, Asperous Syndrome, Epilepsy, Anxiety, and Depression.

Over ten years ago I had a small enterprise shared with another person with learning disabilities, supported by Royal Wolverhampton Mencap and Access 2 Business and Employment Pathways Employment services nearby me. It only lasted a year and we only did four teaching sessions, which I only remember one was the library, then Mencap folded so were we. We were called Access All Areas Now! At the time when this happened, I received counseling and Therapy for depression because I had no work coming in, etc for 12 months after but still, that is past. 

 Over ten years later last years ago, I tried to get some support to see about starting me again during lockdown but Access 2 business cannot give me all the support I need. However, I don't see all is lost where I can look elsewhere or and make others aware of my skills, etc, where I could help others to help or should I say others help me to help them, meaning those who are interested or involved in the learning disability, mental health or and all problems field. I am not going to build my hopes up to get supported to set up another Enterprise but if it does happen it will be around the lines it was before it just might be a different name, if it doesn't happen I hope to bring my skills elsewhere. I know I am not 50 + nearly 52 which is no spring chicken but still not finished by still a long way yet. Life is too short and I want to keep moving forward. 

The aims of Access All Areas Now was My idea is to raise awareness among those who are working or and studying in the field of disability, mental health, and other problems. To find support for, to empower people with disabilities, mental health, and other problems.

Also, to educate and train services, businesses, etc around learning disability and mental health, which includes these issues such as health, housing, careers, talent, hobbies, interests, socializing, public Advocacy, private Advocacy, easy read, coronavirus lockdown, etc.

No comments: